First iPad sharing of a link was slow going. About 30 minutes to do something that takes about 45 seconds on the pc with a plugin. I am sure there are quicker ways to create that post, but I have not unearthed them yet. I do plan on only using mobile devices to manage this blog from now on. Hopefully the process gets smoother. I do wonder whether my posting style will change at all or whether I will adapt to find ways to replicate it.
I don’t do too much fancy formatting but I do like to style text and i often like to accompany a post with an image that is generally a screengrab of some kind. Another thing to note is I am trying to post this from a train with a transfer and a tunnel.
A few things stood out in trying to create the last post…
- typing su-hucks on this device compared to the pc. We knew that already, but the amount of thinking I had to do to type the text was much greater than pc land.
- positioning the cursor is a royal pain. Fixing a mistake, especially in concert with autocorrect evoked several “gah!! Doh!!” moments. This pain is ratcheted up when trying to copy and paste stuff.
- getting the content was tough. Just trying to coordinate the copy paste of a title and the link was tough. Getting the picture was less painful than anticipated. I am sure I could edit the photos a bit too. That may actually prove smoother than the pc flow.
- I still don’t really know what the post looks like
- getting the article from flipboard to a format that yielded the URL was a chore.
- one slick feature was the ability to swipe to change apps.